Washing and Drying
- Co-wash before installation.
- Rinse well and allow the weave to air dry thoroughly.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner to the weave. A dime-sized amount of product should be enough. Massage it in with your fingers, coating gently.
- When you rinse out the conditioner; rinse until there are no suds left. Rinsing the conditioner out is one of the most important steps. If you do not rinse it well, any residue or traces of product left in the hair will result in STIFF and DULL hair
- Let your bundles (hang dry) or lay flat to air dry.
- Use sulfate-FREE shampoo and conditioner (products that contain sulfate are very damaging and extremely drying to the hair.)
- Use moisturizing and hydrating products.
- Use a shampoo with oil In it such as "Argan oil" "Moroccan oil" "keratin oil".
- Treat this hair like your own hair. Use good quality shampoo and conditioning products. Conditioning your hair is very important to keep it soft and manageable, we recommend using a deep conditioner on your virgin hair once per week. but avoid using oil or heavy styling products.
Combing and Detangling
- Don’t rip your comb through your weave!
- Remember that the tracks are sewn onto your hair. The more you pull and yank through the extensions, the more you can damage your hair.
As you would with your own hair, always detangle from the bottom up and preferably while wet. Weaves can get tangled badly.
When Going To Bed
- We advise that you comb your hair every morning. Gently brush your hair starting from the ends and work your way up towards your scalp. Starting from the ends keeps the pressure off the weft area and is a good way to maintain the longevity of the extensions.
- Gently brush hair to remove all tangles. Braid your hair into a couple of big braids, wrap your hair, or tie your hair into a ponytail; then cover with any satin scarf/bonnet or use a silk pillowcase. You must NEVER sleep on wet hair. Sleeping on wet hair is known to matte hair and makes it very difficult to keep the hair the way you want. Just make sure your hair is completely dry before you go to sleep and you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.
- If you are not familiar with coloring hair please take extensions to a professional colorist! Mink Brazilian is a GREAT investment, you don't want to ruin the hair by over processing it with bleaches and dyes. Always let a licensed professional color your bundles even if it is as simple as applying a black semi-permanent rinse. Don't do it yourself.
Wavy or Curly Hair Maintenance
- For best results co-wash the Mink Brazilian deep wave texture with cool water. Co-washing is a method to wash hair without using shampoo and washing with conditioner. When co-washing your hair you should use a cleansing conditioner to wash the hair. Rinse the hair with cool water. Lay it flat to air dry and then install. This method will keep the curl pattern nice and tight. Hot or warm water will loosen the curl pattern
- In the curly and kinky curly textures it's mandatory that you apply a curl defining/curl control cream while the hair is wet. This way it will stop the hair from frizzing, getting really big & poofy and lock in the wave or curl in the hair. It will give the hair a nice, soft and tamed wet look while it dries. Most people think that the curly hair is low maintenance but it actually require the most up keep and it need to be wet EVERY SINGLE DAY so you can apply the curl define creme.
- Remember the more heat that you use the harder it is to retract hair back to the natural curl or wave pattern.